Friday, November 3, 2023

Flower Friday: November 3, 2023

 


Happy Friday!

Yesterday we awoke to temps in the high 20s here in A-town.  
And just like that, our flower season ends!😔

But I did take photos of some things that were doing well before that and maybe were you are still has some lingering blooms for the bees and birds!

Autumn roses.  The climbing roses tend to remain the most healthy and are the only roses I have left at this point!

Coneflowers had a second set of blooms on them.  At this point, I leave the seed heads up for the birds to munch on this winter.

Gardens change and this year I noticed more shade from neighbors' trees and such.  The toad lily did bloom but I think I have to move that next year.

Yeah for another set of cleome blooms!

I'm still very much in love with the fuchsia I bought in the early part of the season.  It was a great bloomer and really did attract hummingbirds to our garden!

I sure hope you have more blooms happening in your part of the country!

Have a safe and happy weekend!











2 comments:

  1. I know it's hard to say goodbye to the flowers! Hopefully you have some fall foliage to make up for it. We were sad to see our morning glories freeze back.

    ReplyDelete