Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Century of Progress World's Fair

 


Greetings!  I hope your week is going well so far!

After the Century of Progress World's Fair in Chicago, many things were marketed to celebrate the event and the popularity of quilting.  One of the things that I have never been able to find an actual photograph was marketed after the fair.  It was fabric squares advertised in newspapers.  The price of the patches were reduced the more years that passed:

1933

1933

1937

1938

Have you seen these patches anywhere?

Tomorrow I'll feature some of the patterns sold by Sears after the fair.

Have a safe and happy day!






1 comment:

  1. You know I save these vintage type posts of yours till I have the time to really read them, Michele. They are of great interest to me and I always learn something new too. I think I am getting more nostalgic in my old age.

    ReplyDelete