Friday, January 13, 2023

Friendship Friday: January 13, 2023

 




Sue P. is recovering from surgery.  I know she isn't feeling all that great but she still submitted some photos for Friendship Friday.  Thanks Sue!  Wishing you a speedy recovery!  You are the best!

Sue is one of those gardeners who green thumb is amazing!  She wrote:  "Here are two of my lemon trees that sprouted in my orchids about 2 years ago.  Had to bring them in from the deck for the winter.  I dump the ice from my ice tea with lemon into the orchids to water them.  Seeds sometime go in with the ice.  I have given several away and currently have four up for grabs."



Seedling pulled from orchids above and babies below:


Sue also has baby African Violets.  She says, "Then the African violets.  When I divide the large ones, inevitably leaves break off.  I cant toss them.  I feel  have to root them.  These are in various stages of development.   Once they bloom, they'll be up for adoption.  Any wonder this house is a bit crowded?"


My little city house is too dark for houseplants (although I've certainly tried).  This time of year when the landscape is so dreary, I perk up the house (and myself) with Alstromeria:


I hope you take some time this week to brighten your day with plants or flowers!

Have a safe and happy weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment