Thursday, January 20, 2022

Balloon Girl and Teddy

 It's going to be another wintry mix day.  I don't even mind the snow so much but it's raining right now and 33.  By tonight, the temperature will drop to the low teens; I'm concerned the wet sidewalks and roads will freeze.  This of course means one thing:  

It's a sewing day!

One of the things I would like to do is to pull out a piece from my collection.  It's a UFO from yester-year and quite charming:


This is just a single piece of muslin and the picture was not completed.  What's missing?  The little girl's arm holding the balloons.  I've always meant to finish this and then I saw this piece on Etsy recently:


If you are interested in this piece it is here on Etsy.

Here's the arm that I have to reproduce (there's no image on my piece):

The quilting is lovely on this piece but I think I will have my machine quilter finish it for me when I am done embroidering it.

One thing come to mind when I look at these textiles.  It's always better to outline a human being in black versus the beige.  The outline of the figure is more visible with the black, don't you agree?

Anyway I think this would make a wonderful wall hanging for my niece's new baby due in May.  

What are you working on these days?

Tomorrow is Friendship Friday and if you have anything to share, please email me at allentownquilter@gmail.com!  

Have a safe and happy day!



1 comment:

  1. What a sweet little girl. I'm not a big fan of Sunbonnet Sue but this is more than that. She has an adorable face.

    ReplyDelete