Friday, November 5, 2021

Friendship Friday: November 5, 2021

 


On Wednesday, my neighbor and I were talking about this weird autumn and how things were reblooming this fall.  She mentioned that her friend's lilac bush had buds on it and asked me if she thought the lilac would bloom again in spring.  I had no idea.  

On Thursday, Sue P. emailed this photo to me.  She said she's not ready to give up on flowers yet and told me that in West New Jersey, the lilacs were blooming again.  Here's the proof!

Each morning here, the frost seems thicker and harder.  Still I have some microclimates in my garden that allow me to have some continued blooms from annuals:




It's a very weird year!

Have a safe and happy weekend!





1 comment:

  1. My lilac bush has bloomed in the fall twice. It bloomed again in spring, no problem. The fall blooms were just an added blessing.

    ReplyDelete