Friday, November 26, 2021

Friendship Friday: November 26, 2021

 Happy Friendship Friday!

Today's feature:


Last weekend I made a double batch of my mother's recipe for Chicken Tortellini soup.  I'm sharing that recipe today and one for her Lentil Soup because you can substitute Turkey for either recipe.  

I made the Tortellini Soup for mom, a neighbor home from the hospital, and another who also had a hip replacement.  

Mom's Tortellini Soup doesn't call for salt.  I recommend you add some to enhance the flavor.  All the ladies I cooked for last week were supposed to be on low-salt diets so this recipe was perfect for them.

Ma's Chicken Tortellini Soup:


We lost a dear friend this week to cancer. His wife and I have been friends for decades and it is all so unfair.   We are taking some Beef Lentil Soup to my friend's house tomorrow.  



Beef or Turkey Lentil Soup


Have a safe and happy weekend!




3 comments:

  1. Both recipes sound wonderful. I love a hearty soup in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are warming many people's hearts with your gifts of soup. Thanks for the receipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The both read delishous, but did you check the salt content of the canned cream soup, and the broth? That might have been enough.

    ReplyDelete