Friday, June 12, 2020

Flower Fridays



This week is a little different because I didn't receive any photos of yellow, purple, or white flowers from you.  It's been stinking hot and humid here in PA and I haven't been out much since the humidity kicked in.

This week, I thought I would share photos of my suffrage garden.  I'm sure there will be more as the summer progresses--gardens are constantly evolving and changing.

Welcome to my humble cottage garden!  There are four main borders in the front.  Two on other side of the doorway and two along the sidewalk.



Last year I had ordered signs for the garden:

And explanatory signs:


I wasn't sure if anyone would even stop to read the signs (they are in the front of the garden).  I was convinced the signs were ignored until an elderly neighbor up the street asked, "what is everyone reading on those signs?"  She's on a walker and couldn't make it down to the house herself until her husband drove her by.  But she assured me that she could see walkers stopping to read the signs.  Sure enough, my pup now tells me everytime we have a visitor to the garden now.  That is gratifying enough.

We had a spectacular first bloom of roses.  Unfortunately they are now under attack by Spotted Lantern Fly Nymphs.  I hose them off the rose canes and won't use chemicals; I don't want to hurt our ladybug population.


The sundrops (yellow above) are setting blooms and the coreopsis (below) is in first bloom.



I hope you have a wonderful day and enjoy a fantastic weekend!  
Stay safe!




2 comments:

  1. I finally went to a garden center to get annuals for a side garden. All they had left for zinnias and lantana were yellow, which was perfect. Love your garden shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden is just beautiful, Michele! I loved seeing it, and so glad you're noticing people reading your signs!

    ReplyDelete