Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Tuesday's This and That (the Book Edition) : August 2, 2022

 Happy Tuesday!

Welcome to the book edition of This and That! 


Well it's going to be another hot week for us (and probably you).  It sure makes me wish I was near the ocean this week! 


***


On weeks like this, it's too hot to garden, too hot to sew in the attic and my vim and vigor wanes.  If yours does too maybe you do what I do...read.  The last heat wave I read a charming book that I will recommend to you.  It's by Jennifer Ryan and it's called The Kitchen Front.  The story is set in Britain during World War 2 and focuses on 4 women competing in a cooking contest.


Now all that seems interesting enough but what I loved about the book is how it illustrates the challenges the Brits faced during the war.  Yes, folks in Canada and the U.S. had rationing of foodstuffs but the Brits...well they faced some pretty tough odds in comparison with us.

Anyway, let me know if you read the book! 
 
***


If your interested in a quicker read, you may enjoy some articles featured on the Bustle website here.  

I enjoyed all the articles I found there and think you might like the article entitled, "Don't Underestimate the Quiet Power of Quilts."

***
And...since this is the book edition, here are some recommendations for children's book that your littles might enjoy:


Based on a true story, this book is a perfect summer read for 4-8 year-olds.  I know I really enjoyed it and we are sending a copy to all the little ones in our family this coming week!

Mom sent this book to the 3-7 year-olds a while ago and they really loved it.  Maybe yours will too!

Well that ends today edition of This and That (the Book Edition).

Stay cool and have a safe and happy day!



No comments:

Post a Comment