Friday, August 26, 2022

Flower Friday: August 26, 2022

 Happy Flower Friday!


It's the end of August and I'm already working on the changes I'll make to the garden this fall.  My neighbor is a bee keeper and she's trying to grow more flowers so I'll be passing along a lot of plants to her.  Other plants will be moved around as I rearrange and clear out the garden.  To me, this is the fun part of gardening!


The cosmos are finally blooming.  It's been a weird year for the cosmos.  The plants have grown REALLY tall (one is over 5 feet!) with sturdy stalks--but no flowers.  Then we got rain and now they are finally blooming.  It's a reminder that no matter how much we water, there is no substitute for real rain.  The upside of all this is that none of my plants have powdery mildew which usually is plaguing plants like zinnias and cosmos this time of year.


Zinnias:
 

The balsams are still a riot of color and I'm so glad I reintroduced these to the garden!

Even the geraniums look better since the rain!

Wishing you a safe and happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment