Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Good Night Quilt

I often scroll through Pinterest at night while we are watching the baseball game.  An interesting quilt popped up and not surprising, I fell into that rabbit hole...

The quilt was the Good Night Quilt by Mary Jane Hannaford.  It is an Australian Quilt.  Mary Jane was 81 when it was completed and it was made for her grandson.

It's filled with wonderful images, people birds, stories, and animals!



The Unhappy Newlyweds remind me of a cartoon my granddaughter used to watch called "Charlie and Lola."

Anyway, I love this quilt so much and wish I could see it in person!

Included on the quilt is the poem "Sins of Omission" written by Margaret E. Sangster, a well known writer and poet of Christian and children's literature.  


This was a real labor of love!  I just love the 
There are other images that you might want to see from this quilt.  Here is a website with more photographs.  I used my tablet to magnify them.

Have a great day and stay cool!



2 comments:

  1. What a marvellous quilt with plenty to teach us all about creativity in our quilts today. From unhappy honeymoon to Darby and Joan or happy old age, so full of charm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is indeed a great quilt. Thank you for sharing it with us. It is sure to be a family treasure with so many memories and history.

    ReplyDelete