Friday, August 6, 2021

Flower Friday: August 6, 2021

 Happy Flower Friday!  

It's time to see what is growing in your gardens and mine!

Diane P. sent some lovely photos of her lilies!  She has quite a variety!





Alice's zinnia garden!  Great shot with a butterfly!


Okay Sue wins the Weird Flower of the Month Photo.  Now her mutant coneflower is growing flowers out of her flower.  Can anyone explain this to us? WOWZA!


Barb S. sent this photo.  This is a pumpkin planted by an anonymous critter on her property.  The grandson and Barb are having a great time watching it grow!

Lorraine is excited because she finally has a crop of peaches...
What a crop!  Lucky Lorraine!


When Nana Betty was alive, I regularly took her bouquets of flowers from my garden.  One day she called me and asked,  "What is this alien flower?"  She thought it looked like it was from outer space 😂😂😂😂.  I finally figured out she was talking about Cleome.

Nana never remembered the name, just asked if I had "those alien flowers growing this year."


For whatever reason, I have only two that self-sowed this year but they are flanking the stairs which is very nice!  



I'm not sure why, but this rose has been blooming gangbusters all summer which is unusual.  I'm so glad I didn't remove it from the garden.  It's my last tea rose and over 20 years old.  It makes the upper garden smell heavenly!

Wishing you a safe and happy weekend.  Whether you are vaccinated or not, mask up.  I'm pretty sure we are in for a bumpy time ahead of us.








2 comments:

  1. Lorraine's peaches look delicious. Peach cobbler for book club?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely flower photos. I didn't dare plant anything this year - we are in a drought.

    ReplyDelete