Tuesday, December 6, 2022

St. Nicholas Day

 Happy St. Nicholas Day!  Even if you don't believe in Santa Claus, it's great to remember St. Nicholas.  Legend has it that he saved three poor girls from a life of prostitution by dropping bags of gold through their windows for a dowry.  


I like this day because in our family, children always put out their shoes.  The next morning the kids awoke to find little gifts in their shoes (or wooden shoes as I did with my grandkids).



Many years ago, I made a holiday wall hanging many years ago for my adult child that featured some of our traditions, including St. Nicholas Day.  The shoe is featured in the top left corner:

I can't really find myself in a Christmas frame of mind until St. Nick's day.  What makes you start thinking about the holidays?


Have a safe and happy day!

1 comment: