Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Indigo Quilts

 


Beth and I are great lovers of indigo quilts.  I only have one completed quilt that used indigo.  At least I think it is indigo.  


Smithsonian Magazine recently published an article on the dye being produced again in the United States.  You can read it here.

Eliza Lucas Pinckney was a woman you should be familiar with because she is credited with cultivating indigo dye in South Carolina.  A good article on her is here.

Blue is a beloved color with quilters.  I may have relayed this before but when I was taking appraisal classes, blue quilts versus others were discussed.  Apparently if you have the same quilt in two different colors, the blue will appraise higher.  Folks just love blue.

Wishing you a safe and happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment