Friday, December 30, 2022

Friendship Friday: December 30, 2022

 



Happy Pre-New Year's Eve!

If you are anything like me, you will be fast asleep when the bell strikes midnight.  I'll be dreaming about having pork and sauerkraut the next day which is a tradition that Pennsylvania Germans have to ring in the new year.

If you are eating the same thing on New Year's Day, raise your hand!  Our tradition (or so I've been told since I was a young child) derived from the fact that the pig roots forward when they eat--a contrast with chickens (or turkeys) who move backwards.

There's an interesting article here on different food eaten on New Year's Day and where the traditions originated.  It apparently all has to do with luck and some superstitions.


I don't care.  I love Pork and Sauerkraut and it just wouldn't be New Year's Day without that meal.

Wishing you a safe and happy New Year's Eve!




No comments:

Post a Comment