Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Tuesday's This and That: November 1, 2022

 


Happy first day of November!

Two separate clippings from 1957 featured two different women in Indiana requesting the quilt pattern "Mule Train"...wait what?


Now that name was a new one to me.  The pattern wasn't in Brackman's latest encyclopedia and I was intrigued.  Mule Train was a popular song in the 1940s and there was a movie with that name in 1950 that featured Gene Autry.

Wonder no more!  I did find an explanation that was published in 1958.


Whew!  Thank you Mrs. Martin!  


I suspect a lot of quilters made this for kids who loved Gene Autry.  This really tickled me to find the solution!

Wishing you a happy and safe first day of November!


1 comment:

  1. Your post reminded me of 20 Mule Team Borax soap commercials. I think your picture only has 18 mules though.

    ReplyDelete