Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Tuesday's This and That: November 15, 2022

 


Many thanks to Alice who emailed me after the Waste Warden post and the question about the "ballerina dress".  Alice said:  

"I got married in 1963 and the clerk referred to my dress as ballerina  length. It came to mid calf and it did have a full skirt.  I thought it referred to the longer dresses ballerinas."

That works for me!  Thank you Alice!

***
I found a sweet article about a storied quilt that was made in 1913.  We often make memory quilts these days, frequently from clothes that a deceased family wore.  This one was different.  It was made from the clothing of a child.   This is one of the many quilts I wish I could have seen!

Scrap Quilt.
"I saved a piece of each wash suit my little son had until he was ten years old, and then made him a quilt of the scraps, writes a contributor to Good Housekeeping.  Each one told a story.  For instance, the blue linen scrap was from the suit he wore the first day at school;  the white one was from the suit he had on when his picture was taken; and so on.  He never tired of the quilt.  we can entertain him by the hour, telling him of the different scraps."

***
Wishing you a safe and happy day!







1 comment:

  1. I'm not familiar with the term "wash suit". Does that refer to children's clothing that was washable?

    ReplyDelete