Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Tuesday's This and That: October 25, 2022

 I didn't post yesterday because I spilled my coffee on my keyboard this past weekend...and the coffee killed the keyboard.


New keyboard has arrived and we are back in business!

How was your weekend?  Mine was full of sewing or watching the Phillies win the National League Championship.


A couple of weeks ago I decided to make quilts for the kids in the family.  It has turned out to be quite an experience.  I have this thing now about using up all these blocks.  To top that off, my guild is running a UFO finish challenge.  So I used up a lot of my novelty 4-patches (plus 9 yards of muslin).  I made 8 quilt tops for the younger kids!

After that, I decided to clean the sewing room.  I spent all day Friday cleaning out and even going through one of the closets.  Happily, I found three quilts that are finished and I can gift!  I had made them during the pandemic and forgot all about them.  Unhappily, I found a box of unfinished square in a square novelty blocks.


 This is not a project I remember at all!  So now I'm working through a big stack of UFO blocks!  

Hey a finished quilt is better than a box of blocks so now I've got to add that to my UFO list.  Actually it's relaxing to finish these blocks (it's a big project though).

Plus I found quilt top that I think I'm going to make into a lap quilt for donation (for the local nursing home and patients in wheel chairs).  I might get two quilts out of what I had done.

Anyway, that is our ever not-so-exciting life!

Hope you are having fun sewing too!
Have a safe and happy day!









2 comments:

  1. Cngrats to the Phillies. Maybe I spilled cffee n my O; it's nt working to well ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What size do you use for wheel chair quilts? I have squares that I need to find a purpose for, and this would be a good use.

    ReplyDelete