Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Tuesday's This and That: October 18, 2022

 Happy Tuesday!


The leaves are turning and the geese are visiting our local lake as they migrate south.  It seemed as good a time as any to look at some flying geese quilts.

Here's a gingham flying geese quilt that was brought into our quilt study group years ago:



When Linda stopped sewing, she gave me a lot of her calico from her years of sewing.  Many of these fabrics had special meaning to her and her daughters so I made a flying geese quilt for her full of her prints.  


Another one I made from reproduction scraps that I hang at Christmas time.  It's a tiny mini quilt:

Have you made a flying geese quilt?
Wishing you a safe and happy day!




1 comment:

  1. Flying geese are one of my favorite piecing blocks. I love the way they add movement to a quilt. I've hand quilted flying geese sashing a number of times and that makes me pause and give thought to whether I want to do that again. . . before I make them for a new quilt.

    ReplyDelete