Friday, October 14, 2022

Flower Friday: October 14, 2022

 Happy Flower Friday!

Robin shared her rose that she described as "OUT OF TOWN." 😂 It's a stunner and a showstopper!


Robin also shared her favorite poem about autumn.  It is by Emily Dickinson:

The morns are meeker than they were - 
The nuts are getting brown -
The berry’s cheek is plumper -
The rose is out of town.
 
The maple wears a gayer scarf -
The field a scarlet gown -
Lest I sh'd be old-fashioned 
I’ll put a trinket on. 

Sue shared her Colchicum aka autumn crocus:


Over in my garden, I'm enjoying Beauty Berry Bush.  Barb S. gave me a small baby bush years ago and it has taken off.  I love this bush and the gorgeous berries on it.  The birds will eat the berries through the winter!


We had rain yesterday and it is still cloudy outside but I walked by my window and was struck by a glimmer of light I saw above my neighbor's roof.  

There is always one day in October when the trees seem to glow with autumn light and the world looks amazing.  I suspect once we get some more sunlight, today will be that day:

Enjoy the glow if it is your day today!
Have a safe and happy weekend!






2 comments:

  1. I would love to get some of the Beauty Berry, but evidently deer love it and I have enough problems with them and my bird feeders as it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's quite a view of the golden trees.

    ReplyDelete