Thursday, June 23, 2022

Dove in the Park

 Happy Thursday!

As many of you know, Scout and I begin our day with a long walk in the park.  We love to watch for birds and wildlife--oh look heron--oh look eagle--etc.  

But on Tuesday we were surprised to see a dove.  Mourning doves are abundant in this area.  But this was a pure white dove!



I'm not sure where the dove came from.  I honestly thought the bird might be injured because it didn't take off when it saw Scout.  Luckily, it eventually it did take off and the bird had no problem flying.

I thought it would be fun to look for Dove quilt patterns.  There are many embroidered transfers for doves but the main pieced one is Dove in the Window which was popular during the late 19th century through the 20th century:

Good Cheer, Oklahoma, 1931

From Etsy (here)


From Pinterest




Nancy Page, designed by Florence La Ganker, 1933

Nancy Page, 1939
Designed by Florence La Ganked
I found a pattern for this one here.

Tomorrow is Flower Friday and if you have any lovelies to share, please email me at allentownquilter@gmail.com!

Have a safe and happy day!




1 comment:

  1. When I was a child Mother read to us kids the Little House series of books. I loved them and as an adult bought the set for myself and have reread them many times. I recall that Laura tells of Mary making Dove in the Window quilt blocks, and often wondered which pattern she used.

    ReplyDelete