Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Wednesday's This and That...

 It's a crazy couple of weeks full of taking family to doctor and test appointments.  So here, a day late, this week's this and that!

It's been a good couple of weeks for the history of women--even if some of the accolades are late.


Congratulations to the All-Black Women's Army Unit of WW 2 who were recognized with the Congressional Gold Medal!

Despite the disrespectful treatment of Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson during the hearings, she made it through the Senate confirmation process.  Congratulations Judge!

***


Did you take sewing lessons in grade, elementary, or high school?  I was at a distinct disadvantage when I went to a public high school because the Catholic school I attended previously didn't teach sewing.  When I took my first sewing class as a freshman and was supposed to make a dress, I didn't do well.  My mother never let me sew on her machine (my befuddlement with technology began at this early age).  The teacher told a friend of my mom's, "that girl can sew anything by hand but give her a machine and she's lost."  I didn't learn to sew with a machine until I was an adult.

Nann shared an interesting treasure and it can be found at this post.  It's a notebook from sewing classes and it was a joy to review!  Thank you Nann!  Check it out!

***

More Bunnies!  

Check out Diann's bunny pillow that she is working on at her post here!

The Literate Quilter blog shared a variety of bunny quilts that were being displayed at a library.  You've got to see them!  Go here!

***
Wishing you a safe and happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. Our school had sewing in jr high as well as HS. I loved sewing, mother sewed most of the clothes we girls wore. Good example, you know! When I did my student teaching the H. EC. teacher I worked under had the girls do samples for their own later reference. Since our move I do not think I still have mine.

    ReplyDelete