Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Tuesday's This and That: April 5, 2022

 Happy Tuesday!


Last time I spoke with Beth, she told me she was about to make some new potholders.  Are you like us?  Both of our families have "favorite" potholders that everyone wants to use.  My husband disappears into his man cave frequently holding his hot bowl of this or that with my favorite potholder--a 1970s potholder from Woolworth's.  Beth and her family have the same kind of affinity.  Speaking of potholders, here are some fun vintage ones:





I suspect the first two are pre-WW 2.
The last two appear to be from the late 1950s-early 1960s--this is the backing:


Do you have a favorite potholder or a whimsical vintage one?

Have a safe and happy day!










4 comments:

  1. I have a pair of potholders that were in my trousseau (remember those?). They were crocheted with orange variegated thread which was a decorator color in the 70's. I always thought I'd use them for when company comes instead of using the stained or scorched everyday ones. As it turns out, I've never used them. And so after almost 50 years they are pristine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite hot pads are still, all these 60+ years later, the ones we with loops on a square loom. They last decades and only occasionally do I need to use two instead of one. I love those things. (And I still have the loom I used as a child. Crazy!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite potholders now are the ones my DIL knits. She also provides dishcloths, both knit and crocheted. What can I say? I'm an easy giftee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ✂️ 🌻 Your pot holders are so very cool. So awesome! 🧵 🦋

    ReplyDelete