Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Tuesday's This and That: April 19, 2022

 Greetings friends and happy Tuesday!


Are you familiar with Welsh Quilting?  One of my friends described it as "wholecloth quilts on steroids." In sum it is really intricate quilting done usually on a solid piece of fabric.   The reason I began to think about Welsh Quilts (other than the fact that I am part Welsh) is this BBC article on how Instagram impacted Welsh quilting.  The article is here and really a good read.

Of course you may just wish to look at this Moda site about the Welsh Quilt Centre or the Welsh Quilt Centre website.

That's all for today.  

Wishing you a safe and happy day!

4 comments:

  1. I got interested in Welsh quilting because I like strippy quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Libby there. In my collection of quilt books I think I have 2 on Welsh quilting. I too have Welsh heritage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Welsh quilts. I have made two small ones. It takes a lot of quilting but it sure is worth it. I would love to make a 3rd one, a strippy quilt..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the links, Gretchen; I found them interesting. I was astounded that quilts were tossed out by people in Wales, back in the day. Welsh Beauty becomes lovelier with each new quilting stitch. Enjoy your retreat.

    ReplyDelete