Friday, October 22, 2021

Friendship Friday

 



Greetings and welcome to our first Friendship Friday!

Here in the northeast, we still haven't had our first frost and have some flowers to share!

Sue P. sent this photo and wrote, "last week Alice shared a photo of a confused clematis.  I have a confused iris!"

Alice shared some lovely roses that are still blooming in her garden!  She thinks the nearby holly is protecting the roses:

💢💢💢

We had a lot of fun reminiscing after the Roy Rogers post.  Wendy shared this amazing quilt she made celebrating "my best friend Trigger!"

 Isn't this amazing?  Wendy used predominately vintage cowboy fabrics.  The photographs she printed on muslin.  Wendy confided, "I have over 200 different vintage cowboy prints.  I know, embarrassing!"  I'm impressed with your collection Wendy but I'm really wowed by this quilt!  The detail work is amazing!

💢💢💢

Yesterday my mom had a successful hip transplant.  She comes home today and along with other things, my sister-in-law and I have been cooking things to feed her when she comes home.  My mother used to love this Artichoke Rice Salad when I made it and I got all the fixings for it for it--and then found out she requested my sister-in-law make Orzo Salad for her (would love to share that recipe but Janet makes it by doing some of this and some of that).  Anyway, my friend who gave me the recipe recommended Goya brand chicken/rice/vermicelli but it appears to not be produced anymore.  You can use Rice-A-Roni instead:
💢💢💢

I don't really like Halloween but I have made a few pieces in that theme through the years for family members.  This one I made this fall for our own home.  I'd like to do more embellishments on it but I don't have the time right now.  It's just a wee wall hanging but I thought I would share it:

Have a safe and happy weekend dear friends!











4 comments:

  1. Your recipe sounds delicious but I'd have to eat it all myself as no friends or family like artichokes. Haven't thought about Rice-a-Roni in years; it used to be a staple when the kids were young. Roy and Dale came to our little town in the early 50s to present a bronze trophy of trigger to our "safest school in the nation" (not sure how we earned that title). It always had a prime location in our trophy case and when the school burned down, local boys ran into the burning building to save Trigger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Halloween wall hanging, it is so pretty! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a second cousin who grew up in a horse-loving family. Her dad led the local 4-H Wayne Buckaroos. She proudly shows pictures on Facebook of her granddaughter who is following in her cowgirl boots. I think girls will always love horses. She still signs off "Happy Trails."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing my "Happy Trails" quilt. I had so much fun with that one. My intent was to donate it to the Roy Rogers Museum, but alas it is now closed. I think we are kindred spirits in many ways. I am not a fan of Halloween either, but I do enjoy making costumes for the little ones.

    ReplyDelete