Friday, October 29, 2021

Friendship Friday: October 26, 2021


 Hello and welcome to Friendship Friday!

Today we continue our theme of confused gardens.  

Lorraine sent a photo of a foxglove (digitalis) that is blooming in her garden:


In my garden, the perineal hibiscus has continued to bloom.  I'm not sure if this bush is confused or not since it is the first year I've had it.  My husband is so impressed with this bush!  I don't see anymore buds so this might be the last of the flowers:

I've had roses bloom as late as December in my garden so it's not surprising to me to see this lovely this morning.
💟💟💟
The mornings have been cooler here in eastern Pennsylvania but still no frost.  When there is a nip in the air, I always start thinking about baking.  Today or tomorrow I'll be baking this Carrot Cake which I've made before and my family loves.  I'll split it up between family members because a sheet cake is way too much for my husband and I.  

This week I tried the no-boil Barilla Lasagna pasta and used this recipe.  I have to say it turned out great and my husband and brother loved it!  Much easier than boiling the big ribbons of pasta!!!
💟💟💟

Lastly, here is a fun late 19th century Thousand Pyramid Quilt:


Have a safe and happy weekend!




4 comments:

  1. The lingering flowers are such a blessing. We have a Spring Cheer double daffodil that blooms in the fall and this year it didn't disappoint. It's fragrance is so strong.
    What wonderful fabrics in the triangle quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to try the no-boil lasagna; glad to have a recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blooms, yummy lasagna and a decadent carrot cake - I could get used to this :-) Let me know when I can visit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brought my spider plant inside to avoid freezing it, and now it is blooming! Love the pyramids quilt!

    ReplyDelete