Tuesday, September 7, 2021

This and That Tuesday: August 7, 2021

 How was your holiday?  Ours was quiet, we mostly worked on the house (garden and gate construction).  

I've designated this month as September Scrap month.  Have you ever gotten to the point where you just have to do something with scraps because you felt like you were drowning in them?


The last two weeks I made blocks for upcoming children quilts and probably have made enough for four quilts.  I also put together a quilt for a neighbor's grandchild and a doll quilt for my cousin's granddaughter.  

Jeez, I didn't take photos of anything!!!  I guess that's because of the generation I come from 😁

Now I'm working on vintage fabric that people have given me.  The fabric is mostly from the 1930s-1950s.  I figure if I make a lot of the blocks now, it will be easier to store and later assemble quilts.

What are you working on?

*****


Here are two bibs from my collection that I forgot to share.  I'm keeping these charming redwork bibs.



I'm not sure of the function of this piece.  It's fairly small but it's charming so I'm sharing it with you:

*****

The Covid news here is fairly grim these days.  My vaccinated niece now has it and I feel terrible that I can't go take care of her.  She is only in her early twenties and got it at work.

My husband is expected to travel to Canada later this week and needs a negative Covid test result to get in the country.  We thought it was going to be easy for him to get a test but it is turning out to be more challenging than we expected.   Everyone is booked up and one site told me, "don't send him here if he is healthy, we are not a safe site!"  

Local Montgomery County has now declared that people need to wear masks indoors and out because the pandemic is so bad there.  

All this to just stay, double mask and stay safe!

*****

Finally, here is a cushion to make you smile.  I couldn't resist it because of the funny stuffed tail!


Have a safe and happy day!



2 comments:

  1. We are winding down our holiday/2nd honeymoon in Seattle. Everyone here is masked indoors and many outdoors, too. So nice to see. Wearing a mask for 4 hours in the plane not so fun, tho...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the linen (?) with red-work on them. You have quite the collection!

    ReplyDelete