Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Tuesday's This and That:

 


Well it's Tuesday and I'm wishing you a happy day!

Here's the happenings in Tuesdays This and That!

***

Many of you emailed and commented on Southern Highland interior design post.  The general consensus was that most of us grew up knowing this style as "Early American" or "Colonial" styles.  I suspect that Americans were just charmed with the idea of handcrafted furniture that was still handmade like in the olden days.  Yes there were specific pieces of furniture that were native to the region but other regions had their own styles as well.  If I find anything else, I'll be sure to let you know!

***
Libby shared a really fun photo of squirrel splooting on a deck!


We've seen squirrels do this on the branches that hang over our patio.  The first time I saw it, I was certain there was a dead squirrel on the branch (this was many years ago).  

I can't blame the squirrels.  This heat has the same impact on me!

***

Here's a quilt image from Baxter and McDonnell that was featured in the Philadelphia Inquirer in 1930.  Since the butterflies are now flitting about the garden these days, it seems like a fitting pattern:


***

Wishing you a safe and happy day!


1 comment:

  1. We had a cat that would spread himself out on the grass like that squirrel when he was hot. It always startled me a little and I had to take a second glance to make sure he was okay

    ReplyDelete