Friday, July 7, 2023

Flower Friday: July 7, 2023

 


This week, Gretchen shared two photos from her garden.  The first photo is of her hydrangea.  Gretchen wrote that the flowers are as big as her hand!  I believe it, they look huge!  This apparently is a mini variety and shouldn't get bigger than 2 feet.  It sure is happy, isn't it?


And look at Gretchen's pretty ruffled daylily!  That's a show stopper for sure!


In my garden,  The rudbeckia is blooming.  I don't remember seeing the flowers of the second photo last year but I have to check.  I've had these double ones with rust centers before.:



This is the first time I've had snapdragons that reseeded from a previous year.  Or maybe it's the first year that I haven't weeded them out by mistake!

Perineal Gladiolus are popping up everywhere.



Finally, it's been so very hot and I wonder if you have ever heard of the word "splooting"?    I just read an article on it yesterday. We see squirrels splooting here in the summer when it's hot.   You can read about it here.

Wishing you a safe and happy weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment