Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Tuesday's This and That: July 16, 2023

 


Welcome to Tuesday's This and That!
 
***

I saw this quilt on ebay last week and thought the layout was unique:


The quilt is from Pennsylvania and the seller credited it as being 1880-1890.  It might be a local piece.  The seller is from Nazareth PA, a small town here in the Lehigh Valley.  I think the auction of the quilt ended Sunday.


***

Patchwork skirt featured on a photograph that is listed on Etsy.  The photo was taken in my city of Allentown PA.  Wowsa!

***

Have you ever seen a fabric and knew instantly it was perfect for a friend or family member?  Barbara Brackman's new line of fabric, "Morris Meadows" is one such fabric.  It is the kind of fabric that my friend Linda would love and coordinates well with her home.  She has navy couches in the living room and in the adjoining dining room, the chairs have a rust color cushion on them.  I am thinking of ordering this fabric to make a quarter log cabin quilt for Linda and a table runner for the dining room.


I know I have rust in my stash and I'm getting some of the other fabrics for some other touches.  I need fabric like I need a hole in a head but I know she would love this!  Sometimes you just have to go with your gut on an idea!

Wishing you a safe and happy day!






No comments:

Post a Comment