Thursday, July 6, 2023

And just like that...

 


Happy Thursday!

I jinxed myself.  I had just told Beth last week that I was so happy with my summer sewing because I was able to work in the sewing room even in the afternoon.  And just like that, the high July heat moved in and the attic is too hot by noon to do any sewing up there.

It appears that just about everywhere is experiencing the same sweltering temperatures.  I'm just grateful that we've had a lot of rain lately and the garden is doing well.  The tomatoes are blooming and setting fruit.  The flowers are bushing out and some new ones are beginning to bloom.  Yesterday I spotted butterflies in the garden and that is always a happy sight!

I'm wondering how your gardens are doing and hope you will submit some photos for Flower Friday tomorrow.  Are there any garden chores you put off during this time of year?  

I'm not deadheading any flowers right now.  The birds are having a field day with the catmint and the coreopsis seeds.  

The lamb's ears flower stalks are laying down and appear to me to be done blooming.  I don't like the appearance of the plant when it looks like that.  But the bees tell me otherwise about the flowers.  Bumble bees, baby bees, and honey bees are greedily clinging to the flower heads.  I figure it's been a tough season for the wildlife and let the creatures have what they need.

I did take a lot of photos this past week.   And just like that, I realized this morning that I had forgotten to put a memory card in the camera.  Back out to the garden this morning for more photos!

If you have anything to share for Flower Friday, please email me at allentownquilter@gmail.com!

Have a safe and happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment