Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Tuesday's This and That: March 21, 2023

 


Happy Tuesday and Happy International Forest Day!

Fave quilts has a whole forest of free tree patterns and if you are interested, the web page is here.

***

Speaking of patterns, have you ever visited Marcia Hohn's Quilter's Cache?  Here is the index of the hundreds of patterns she offers (for free) on her website.  I hadn't visited the site for many years but decided to look through some of the patterns yesterday.  I found the Garden Maze quilt pattern I used many years ago (no photo of the quilt, sorry) and many others that I had done.  There is just about something for everyone and many of you may have used this site at one time or another but it is always fun to go back to see what she has.

***
Well it's springtime, or at least it's supposed to be.  It was a little discouraging to walk Mom's dog in 20 degree weather on Monday but at least it wasn't as windy as Sunday.   This meme cracked me up because it is probably so appropriate for all of us...Can you relate?


***

And finally, Christmas quilting is over...for now.  I finished the quilt top that I am calling Nor'easter because I started it when we were expecting a storm (didn't amount to much thankfully).  
It reminds me of a circa 1900 gingham quilt I had at one time and we used as a picnic quilt until it wore out.


I'm just wacky enough to use snow fabrics for the piece:


What are you working on?

Have a safe and happy day!



2 comments:

  1. I really like your Christmas quilt because blue & white quilts are really the best kind. I certainly know what you mean about it being winter/spring/winter/spring. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty blue and white quilt Michele! A color combo that never fails. Lol on the meme, that's how it is where I'm coming from, but here we are waiting for cooler and less humid weather. I had forgotten about Quilter's Cache, have to take a look again.

    ReplyDelete