Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Some Finishes

 


I have some finishes to share!

I finished Alex and Annie's quilts last week:

 

Something different:

I wanted to make a bunch of wall hangings for Jessa.  Jessa is my goddaughter and also the groomer for all our dogs.  I'm so proud of her.  She has been repeatedly mentioned as one of the "best groomers in the valley" and can't even take new clients because she is so busy.   She grooms dogs and cats and specializes in poodle/doodles.  

I thought I would make some wall hangings for the new (huge!) space she will be moving the business. 

And....yes I will use any excuse to make some kind of quilty thing for my family!  Anyway, for many of these pieces I used up the last or the scraps of what I had.  

Sorry about these wonky photos.  It's just dark these days and well I was really tired when I took them yesterday.  

It's Raining Cats and Dogs:


Dogs in Hats


Cats in Hats:


Cats and Dogs:
This was some kind of rayon or nylon.  I put some interface backing on and it worked out okay:


Snowdogs:

The binding is navy but isn't showing up well in this photo.  


Oodles of Poodles:
 

Loved the dog newspaper print fabric on this piece.  I only had weird scraps but got two circles out of it.  This headline says "Choosy Chow and Picky Poodle Bash New Snack" 😀


I'm hoping she will like these and Linda (her mom) said she didn't have anything for the walls yet.  We talked design by text messaging (Linda is a snowbird and just got home).  We figured the wall hangings could always washed and reused when they got dirty or full of hair.  Anyway, I'm hoping to take them to her next week! 

Have a safe and happy day!






No comments:

Post a Comment