Thursday, May 19, 2022

Gardening Week

 I spent the whole week in the garden.  The weather was perfect!


The air was full of the scent of Lilies of the Valley and happily, the tree peony and one of the rhododendron's is blooming:


Gardening is one of the most therapeutic ways to spend time.  The results are instantaneous--you weed a bed and voila, instantly looks better!  Yesterday the nice young man next door spread the mulch throughout the front yard and that always makes the garden look better.  As an added bonus, we got some rain last night!


I spent the better part of the week filling in parts of the front garden with plants I already had.  I divided, transplanted and rearranged things.  I don't have to tell you that the price of EVERYTHING has gone through the roof, including plants and mulch.  Actually I like the results and now the front yard is entirely perennials.

Last night I was sitting on the back porch talking to my husband on the phone when I spied the first hummingbird visit our garden!  This morning, the rain seems to have helped everything and the first rose is now showing on the arbor:

What is happening in your garden?  If you want to share what is new with your garden, email me at allentownquilter@gmail.com!


Have a safe and happy day!






No comments:

Post a Comment