Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Tuesday's This and That: March 8, 2022

Welcome to another addition of Tuesday's This and That!


"8 Ways Quilters Can Help Ukraine" is an article that features quilt patterns and is found here.  

Preeti from Sew Preeti Quilts designed her own quilt in support and you can see it here.

THIS JUST IN:  New article that my guild sent me.  Aurifil article here.  I am surprised that one can to donate to Unicef--as a quilter--to make a stand for Ukraine.  

If you find any other article you think we would be interested in, please email me at allentownquilter@gmail.com and I'll post it on the blog.

💗💗💗

Here's an interesting article on a quilt that celebrates African Americans contributions to cuisine!  Wow!

💗💗💗


I sew in my attic and during the last few years I've actually had heat there (husband finally fixed the radiators).  But sometimes--even in the winter--it gets so warm up there that I need to open the windows.  No problem, right?

Well this year there is a problem.  My allergies up there are awful and I was convinced that it was because I hadn't done the big cleaning I do in the house every fall.  I did most of the first floor but never got upstairs.  I was so busy caring for my Mom that I just didn't have the energy or the time.  Sure I vacuum and dust but it isn't the same.

And then...I realized it wasn't because of my lack of fall cleaning.  The gas company has been re-doing the pipelines in our street.  They've been working here since before Christmas and when the wind blows, you can see the dust blowing everywhere, especially in the street.  All the house cleaners here are complaining about it.

So now I'm running the air purifier and debating whether I should move furniture and do a big cleaning or wait until they are finished with the street.  What do you suggest?

💗💗💗

Have a safe and happy day!






2 comments:

  1. I'd wait to clean until they're done with the street then do a really big cleaning! If you clean now, you may have a week of 'clean' before the dust works it's way back into the attic. I'll check out the links, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Gretchen. If you do a deep clean now you'll still have to do another, and maybe a third, when they finish. But oh, what a mess to have them messing about with the pipelines. I'm sure it'll be great when it's finished, though.
    What a sweet Sunbonnet girl vacuuming.

    ReplyDelete