Thursday, March 24, 2022

Spring Time Scrap Quilt

 Happy Thursday!  

Today is just a brief post as we are expecting the gas company to be working here today.  Yes they are still here and the work on our street continues.  The job today is to redo the gasline to our house and change the meter.  The saga dust continues!

Here is a great scrap quilt that anyone can make.  I suspect it is circa 1940 and I can't remember if I ever found the pattern name.  However it sure looks easy to put together!


It's a nine patch quilt consisting of blocks of 16 squares, sashed with a corner stone.  Sorry the photos are so bad but I'm not unpacking the quilts until the dust settles (literally 😆)



It sure is a happy quilt though!

Tomorrow is Flower Friday and if you have anything to share, please email me at allentownquilter@gmail.com

Have a safe and happy day!


2 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous quilt! The pops of yellow and reds really give it life. Now I have a plan for my little collection of vintage reproduction fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love 9 patch and the very vintage cheery look of these blocks. Who would not want to snuggle under a beauty like this. I also like that green shade. All works so well together.

    ReplyDelete