Friday, August 4, 2023

Flower Friday: August 4, 2023, 2023

 


Happy Flower Friday!
I write my posts in advance most of the time and for whatever reason, I didn't realize that I hadn't written a post for yesterday.  The truth is we've had good weather and I've been working like crazy in the garden this week.  Lots of weeding and deadheading while the weather is decent.  It felt good to be working outside again.

 

We've had lots of visitors to the garden including this bunny, smaller than a softball who is living out back:


And a slightly bigger baby bunny living out front:


The hummingbirds are flitting about most of the time these days.  We saw a very small one that was only about a 1.5 inch big.  Another day, I was standing out front when a hummingbird flew right up to me and hovered in front of me for a few seconds.  I wasn't sure what he or she was trying to convey to me but then it took off again.  I love when the hummingbirds greet me like that.


A few years ago, Lorraine gave me a rudbeckia that she said didn't get any disease and it is a sure winner.  This one (above) got a lot more shade than my other plants when  a bush had an amazing growth spurt nearby.  Still the plant is happy and blooming!  Thanks Lorraine!


The perineal hibiscus has begun to bloom!  It's always such a showy grand flower!

Wishing you a safe and happy weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment