Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Tuesday's This and That: April 11, 2023

 


Here's an interesting NPR story about a signature quilt from Detroit that you should read!  Do you like signature quilts?  I do but I always feel a responsibility to learn as much as possible about the people who contributed to the quilt.  I think I might do a feature on one of my signature quilts in the coming weeks.

***

For the next two weeks, posting might be a bit sporadic.  I've been really busy with my caring for my mother and now her dog Kerry also has an intestinal illness.  I really haven't been doing much sewing or writing.  So bear with me, okay?

Next week I'm also officially closing my lecture business.  Beth is doing the same.  When the year 2020 began, Beth and I were so excited because it was going to be our most profitable year for lectures.  For the last 3 years we have debated about keeping the business but the care of both of our family members has become our biggest responsibility and family has to come first.

My last lecture and the only one I've given since the pandemic will be next week at a local guild.

I'm now considering featuring my programs on the blog.  I'll let you know what I decide.

Have a safe and happy day!


1 comment:

  1. Yes, family first. It took 10 years for us, but we don't regret a minute of it.

    ReplyDelete