Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Happy Passover!

 


Last week I read a beautiful story here on Jews in Uganda and decided to do a blog post to mark the first night of the holiday (tonight).  I am fascinated by all holidays and the traditions that accompany them.  

It seems fitting to share some beautiful textiles I found that marks the holiday. 

I found a beautiful Passover quilt at the Lady Bird Quilt blog, please check it out here!

I was charmed by the many Matzah covers I found, many of which are embroidered.  A good explanation on why the matzah is covered is here.  I particularly liked the antique ones:

Read the story here.

Holocaust encyclopedia here

From the Montreal Holocaust Musuem

There's also a tutorial on a matzah cover available here if you want to make one.

Wishing you a day of peace and reflection!
Chag Pesach Sameach!


1 comment:

  1. Very timely information. We are having a Seder experience at our church tomorrow night and I'm in charge of preparations. Unfortunately, I don't have time to make the matzah cover this year but I have saved the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete