Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Tuesday's This and That: September 13, 2022

 Welcome to Tuesday's This and That!

Two more interesting tidbits about Queen Elizabeth:

The first is a quilt made by a woman living in Tulsa who made an amazing tribute quilt to Queen Elizabeth.  Many articles reported that the woman was British and her name is Devida Bushrod.  Please view the quilt here.  My understanding is that the quilt didn't arrive at the Palace until the day the Queen passed.  It is still an amazing textile and I really appreciate all the time Devida put into the quilt!

***

Another interesting tidbit.  Most of us love having pockets in our clothing.  So apparently did Queen Elizabeth but when she was young, the pockets were sewn up so that she could not stick her hands in her pockets.  There's an interesting article about this here.

***

Finally, Sue sent me a photo of a vintage pillow that she has.  The pattern looks vaguely familiar but I can't find a name for it anywhere.  Have you seen it before?  It is applique but doesn't appear in my Encyclopedia by Barbara Brackman.  Anyway, I think it is a lovely piece!


Have a safe and happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment