Friday, May 21, 2021

Flower Friday: May 21, 2021

 

Happy Flower Friday!

A few weeks ago, I mentioned that my Fern Leaf Peony had finally bloomed.  Today is a good day to celebrate gifts from our garden!

Diane P. share this photo of her columbine and a prayer plant that she has had for years and is blooming for the first time!

Sue P.'s clematis has a story too!
She wrote that her 100+ year old friend Dottie gave her the clematis.  She had the plant for year and though it always came back it never bloomed.  The year Dottie died, it bloomed!  Sue can't help but think that she had something to do with it and I agree!

Also from Sue's garden is this lovely peony and iris!


It's definately Iris season and the tubers Lorraine gave me are going to town this week!

I'm also very fond of these rose colored snapdragons that I got at the nursery.  It's a color I've never seen before!


Have a safe and happy weekend!









2 comments:

  1. Those white blooms are a mystery to me. Is that the prayer plant or the clematis? The irises in our area have been spectacular this year. It seems like something different stands out year-to-year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely lovely blooms...joy to my eyes. I agree with Libby, every summer something different takes over and blooms beautifully while others not so much.

    ReplyDelete