Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Tuesday's This and That: December 5, 2023

 


Happy Tuesday!

Sorry I didn't post yesterday.  A bunch of us in the family are sick with sore throats and colds.  It stinks but at least it isn't covid.
***
I've posted about the 6 Know-it-Alls who have different quilt history zoom lectures at times.  You can also find them at facebook under 6KnowItAllsShowUsYourQuilts.  This month they are featuring quilts from Pennsylvania and also red and green quilts.

Speaking of red and green quilts, thanks for all your insights regarding which antique quilt to pull out for the season.  Unfortunately, we won't be putting either out.  My husband said, "I wouldn't do that if I were you..."  I hate to admit it, but he was right.  

Lucky, the Fabric-Slayer is too intent on playing tug of war/wrestle with quilts and fabric.  We are concerned that one of the quilts will get damaged.  


For now, I've hung a small wall hanging and an embroidered Christmas quilt made years ago.  Lucky can't get to them because they are too high (so I think...let you know more in at the end of the month).


 
As soon as Lucky is through this phase (please God, make it pass quickly), I'm going to start going through my quilts to determine which ones I want to keep and which to sell.  

I've retired from giving lectures on quilt history and I don't need all these quilts at this point.  I am just going to keep the ones I really love.  Beth has retired from lecturing as well so she is going to be going through textiles during the next year as well.

Wishing you a safe and happy Tuesday!   



2 comments:

  1. The little embroidered angels on your wall quilt are darling. I'm sorry you don't feel good about putting up other decorations but having Lucky is a bonus and an adjustment for a year is well worth enjoying him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that wall hanging with the embroidery! I get it about Lucky. We've been hoping our "puppy" (2 years old now) will settle down soon - lol! He stopped chewing things in the house but loves to dig holes outside - traded one thing for another. So good luck. :D

    ReplyDelete