Thursday, December 28, 2023

New Year Quilts

 


Good morning!

I've posted a few New Year blocks in the past like this one:


I found another one published in 1939, also from Nancy Page.
 

I thought that the quilt might be this one illustrated around the same article.  It made sense to me because the Depression (although waning a bit) was still present.


But in fact, they were discussing the first pattern I showed above but without an image.  I'm not sure that many women would have purchased the pattern without seeing the visual representation.

I have seen many Wheel of Fortune quilts and Barbara Brackman did a whole article on them here.  Sadly, I've never see the Nancy Page New Year's quilt.

Next week will be focused on the new year and new projects and ideas.  Wishing you all a safe and happy New Year's holiday!





No comments:

Post a Comment