Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Grandmother Clark's Old Fashioned Quilt Designs (Book 21), Part 1

 


Happy Tuesday!

Happy Boxing Day to our friends in the U.K. and British Commonwealth!

I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas holiday.  Ours was quiet; my sister-in-law is in the hospital again.  But Mom, Brad, and my son Nik managed to have a good and fun dinner together.  After dinner, I saw my brother when I took him a platter and cookies.  

Today I'm sharing a 1931 publication:  Grandmother Clark's Old Fashioned Quilt Designs.  The booklet shows wear and the the corner looks as if it had been burned (maybe by an iron?).  

I mentioned this booklet in November (here) when I wrote about log cabins.  I hope you can find a pattern or design that you enjoy!




I have seen this Sunbonnet design on quilts and it was popular and very sweet.  You may not be able to tell, but this is the pattern that the original owner of the booklet made.  The girls look like they were traced at least two times.


The rest of the books has templates on the left side of each page and examples on the right:





Tomorrow is part 2!

Have a safe and happy day!














1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your sis-in-law; hope she is out of the hospital soon.
    That pinwheel block looks interesting to me!

    ReplyDelete