Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Mail Call!

 


Happy Wednesday!

I received a wonderful surprise on Monday when I got home.  TWO packages!  The one was a surprise from Sue.  She knows how much I love Sunbonnet Sue and sent me a quilted doll quilt.  It's so sweet.  I am sure that some lucky little girl received a sunbonnet quilt and because there was one block left, her doll received one too!


And another surprise from Sue!  This needle-minder in the shape of a sunbonnet.  The details are wonderful on this piece:


My favorite part?  The lace.  She looks like she has lacey anklets on!


Thank you Sue!

I also received my first mail order of fabric from Marshall's.

soccer fabric!


Community fabric by Citrus and Mint fabrics.  I've had this fabric before and loved it.  I like the diversity in the fabric for my juvenile quilts.

I don't really care for the color purple.  But I find I need it often.  Since the stash is getting low on it, I bought a stack of purples.


And some Riley Blake fabrics in a small scale.  I love these and hope to make a double dip quilt (see here) with the green version of this fabric.  You can see the scale of the fabric on the top green version:



Well that's it for now.  Flower Friday is coming up and if you have any photos to share, please email me at allentownquilter@gmail.com

Have a safe and happy day!








2 comments:

  1. I like that Citrus and Mint fabric. Those are pretty prints for your Double Dip quilt. Thanks for the pattern link - I just downloaded it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny what fabrics we always run low on like your purples, and others (like my gold stack) that never seem to get smaller. The small florals are really cute. And I always love to keep some fabric in my stash that has small figures on it.

    ReplyDelete