Friday, August 23, 2024

Flower Friday: August 23, 2024

 


Happy Flower Friday!

Sue shared a lovely photo of Maggie in the butterfly bush! 


This week I'm focused on volunteers in the garden.  No not people helping me weed but plants that I didn't sow that are growing on their own.  The plants I'm most charmed by are the impatiens.  I didn't plant any this year and now I'm thinking I would like a lot of them next year.

Many of them have appeared in pots!




And some are truly a surprise like this impatien that managed to grow in a wee crack where the patio floor meets the wall!


....And then there is this plant.  I have no idea what it is and I certainly didn't plant it.  It reminds me of either a sunflower or a jack o'lantern.  Do you know what it is?  Is it a weed?

  

Wishing you a safe and happy weekend!







1 comment:

  1. I love Sue's photo of Maggie. I love impatiens! I first saw them decades ago when we moved north of Houston. They grew lushly in front of a neighbor's house. I asked what her secret was for her abundant blooms ,and she said "Osmocote". Hers came back every year in that mild climate. I was never able to successfully grow them, but I sure love to see them.

    ReplyDelete