Monday, August 5, 2024

 


Happy Monday!

It's been hectic the last few weeks.  I'm looking after my brother and my mother and it feels like I'm always on the go.  Lucky still needs to be walked (but smaller walks because of the heat) and things are piling up here at home.

We all go through times like this.  

So Friday and Saturday I did something that made me feel better.  I went fabric shopping, cyber style (no time to go to the fabric store).


I'm doing a simple checkerboard quilt for a 7 year old boy who plays soccer.  I've been surprised at how difficult it's been to find soccer fabric.  I think it reflects how popular the sport is these days.  On Friday, Marshall's Dry Goods was having a sale of Riley Blake fabrics and I was thrilled to find soccer fabric....and some other fabrics that I couldn't resist.
 

And apparently that wasn't enough to ease my anxiety.  On Saturday I received an email from Connecting Threads about new fabrics.  I just went through the ad and then...I saw indigo batiks.  I'm not even that crazy about batik fabrics but I've always wanted to make an indigo quilt.  Plus I tend to love Connecting Threads fabric because it is so soft.

I bought a fat quarter bundle and was surprised it was only $54!  Sold!

So now in the evenings when I am winding down, I'm looking at patterns for my new acquisitions.  It's my therapy right now.

My packages will begin to arrive this week and it will be like Christmas in August.

Deck the halls with piles of fabric!

Do you indulge in fabric therapy?  Will you want to see the fabric when it arrives?  I bet you will!

Have a safe and happy day!








1 comment:

  1. Yes we want to see all the fabric! I did both in-store and online fabric shopping yesterday, it is a mood booster for sure. Years ago I was "into" batiks and burned myself out on them. I didn't buy them at all for years, and now I love them again. Those blue batiks are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete