Friday, August 2, 2024

Flower Friday: August 2, 2024

 


Happy Flower Friday!

It's August and pretty soon we will be complaining about the cold.  Although we had a splendid spring, the summer here has been challenging.  Yes we had a lot of heat, but the lack of rainfall has really been a detriment to the plants and the gardeners.  I hope your season was better and I hope summer ends better  wetter for us.

This week Sue sent a photo of her perennial amaryllis.  I didn't know there was a perennial version of this flower!  She says it's blooming early this year:


My perennial hibiscus is blooming:


My mother has an hibiscus but it is an annual.  My brother bought it before he was sick.  I suddenly realized a week ago that the flower is a double version which I've never seen before.


I don't remember seeing crepe myrtles in gardens when I was a child but we sure have a lot of them in my neighborhood these days.  Here is Charlie's:


And Peter's garden is displaying a charming combination of raspberries and roses.  


Wishing you a safe and happy weekend!







3 comments:

  1. Enjoyed seeing the pink lilies We always called them "Naked Ladies" because they just come up out of the ground with no foliage at the base. I can't seem to get them to grow here. Maybe I'll try again. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these photos. Makes me miss hibiscus, we had them in south Texas but I have not tried one here. It's too hot for anything to grow, everything is baking right now. I need to move north!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely sentiment in today's meme. Pretty flowers, too.

    ReplyDelete