Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Tuesday's This and That: June 13, 2023

 


Happy Tuesday!

We have a variety of things for this week's Tuesday.  First off, I have a whole binder of teeny weeny advertisements for quilt patterns.  I found most of them in a plastic bag in an old sewing box I bought years ago.  Apparently the owner was saving them for inspiration.  Among them, this one which has now interested me:

I've never been able to find another quilt pattern by Margaret Whittemore but I did learn that she was a Kansas artist.  Born in 1897, she passed in 1983.  She's now a new member of the Story Time Stitches patterns I've saved because she did work as an artist and illustrator.  A good summary of her is here and here.  I also found an illustration from a newspaper:


Apparently she also wrote a small booklet or book called Quilting, A New Old Art via Capper publications.  I've never seen the book but if you can provide insight, I'd like to know more about her love of quilting!

***

"I" is for Ice Cream

Monday was the first real humid day we had this spring.  It felt good like life was returning to normal and my hubby and I had ice cream for dessert.

About a decade ago, our guild made quilts for the kids who were at school when a tornado hit.  I think it was in Oklahoma.  The quilts were given to the elementary school children to comfort them when they returned to school.  Somewhere I have a photo of the quilt I made at the time but I did find the pattern we used which is here.  One night on Pinterest, I found a much better layout which you can see on this blog here.  It's really a refereshing quilt!

Another Ice cream motif is from the Nancy Page Alphabet quilt but you could certainly do a quilt featuring ice cream.


Would you consider doing an ice cream quilt for a child?

Have a safe and happy day!






No comments:

Post a Comment