Monday, February 14, 2022

Happy Valentine's Day!

 

Happy Valentine's Day!

It's a good day when we get to celebrate love and hearts!

I found some interesting patterns that I thought I would share with you today.  Primarily I focused on heart quilts.  There were a variety of patterns in the 1930s!

Pretty basic pattern offered by the Kansas City Star in 1938:

Florence La Ganke designed the Eight of Hearts Quilt for Nancy Page:

Here's a Needlecraft Pattern that was recommended as a Bride's Quilt in the late 1930s:
 

Lydia Le Baron Walker designed "Hearts United" for The Household:

Of course some patterns were home made.  This family quilt is made like scherenschnitte (paper cutting).  I like the four hearts in the center:




Hugs and Happy Valentine's Day!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heart-y roundup! Cute Valeninte. (Some vintage cards/postcards are downright creepy.)

    ReplyDelete