Friday, February 25, 2022

Friendship Friday: February 25, 2022

 


23 days until Spring!

New blog posts on the side bar!  Check out Pat and Gail's blogs that I recently add to the list!

💢💢💢

Lorraine shared her amaryllis which is blooming now!  
Whooo-hoo!


💢💢💢

Beth called yesterday and she wanted to share with us a video that Mary Fons (daughter of Marianne Fons) has made.  She has taken a stand against a trend that is surfacing...again.  

Antique and vintage quilts are again being used to make clothes.  The video is here.   I've seen example of this on Instagram and a few other websites and it is nothing short than disgraceful.  I'm not sure the video below is working which is why I gave you the link above.


💢💢💢

I'm hoping that all of you have power and are warm and safe at home.  The ice storm is here now.  The silence is strange--no cars or anything moving out there.  Stay safe and warm and if you have to go out...bundle up!


Have a safe and happy weekend!





5 comments:

  1. I watched that video. I had no idea this was a thing and such a bad one at that. However, I do remember seeing flying geese being used in a dress on the run way recently...I assumed it was newly sewn, not a vintage quilt. Yikes, more folks need to know about this practice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to watch this when I first heard about it I guess I'm over sensitive because I couldn't make it through due to her profanity
    and bad language. But, I do understand her concern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made a quilted maternity dress (wish I had a picture) but I quilted the fabric in the skirt myself! It was winter and all I had on hand was cotton.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember in the early 90s there were all kinds of patterns for quilted sweatshirts. Use the same idea and make your own, from scratch and a sweatshirt. NEVER EVER cut up a quilt for clothing. That is just way too lazy!

    ReplyDelete